CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Engagement Pictures!?

Today has me thinking about the whole idea of "engagement pictures"

I am having a hard time getting Aaron to take in this very idea of getting these done professionally. We have a few friends that are good at photography as a hobby and really take some nice shots. i.e. "why would we pay anyone?" AND Aaron is not the best at actually wanting to get his picture taken.

Anyway... as you all know I am HUGE into pretty pictures... so I would love to have a professional take their time in taking our pictures using their creativity and ideas and we would pay them :)

Now why I am thinking about this today? Well, since will are planning to marry (away) during the beautiful season of Winter I really want pictures in the pretty snow. And today has been a snowy in your face kind of day. I know we have plenty of time with the snow living in MN- but I want pretty fluffy white snow and LOTS of it. AND I think it would be silly to wait until NEXT winter to do these type of pics.

so I have a few questions for you:

Should we ask a friend or look for a professional with reasonable rates?
Any ideas of a GREAT location for winter shots?
Do we go on a snowy day OR a sunny day?

I know it's our wedding... but I also need input there is SO much to think about!

That is all I have for now for thoughts about my ideas... any and all advise pertaining will be much appreciated :)

xoxo, Aaron & Andrea

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Here are some thoughts...

Most photographers are doing more candids now...so if you have friends that enjoy it...go for it!

If you start looking at photographers (might be different because of Cabo) some have the engagement pictures wrapped into the "deal" for the wedding day. *ours did*

Because Mike and I can't get married in the winter in the mountains (altitude sickness for our guests) we are going to do our engagement photos up in Steamboat in the winter...so I think that doing yours in the winter and then having your beach pictures works perfectly.

Like I told Mike, suck it up and feed him a beer or two before the pictures!

I think that they will be a nice thing to have sometime in the future, and I think that if I didn't get ours done someday I would look back and wish I did?!

Good Luck, the decisions are just beginning!

ajs {of MN} said...

Thank you for all the info!!

also... it sounds like you are getting SO much done for your wedding! YAH!