The wedding fair last weekend at Treasure Island was named the Island Dreams Wedding Fair. As mentioned Mom and I went with the goal of finding a decoration idea for the reception. We stopped by the hall on the way there to get a fresh vision of our space in mind.
After walking around a couple of times we decided to look more into the company Flair Your Affair! Glenda had some great ideas and after chatting with her a little bit she liked what we had in mind as well. She has also worked with our hall many many times, her name was highly recommened for the area- so that has to be a good sign, right? We're hoping to set up a time in the next month or two to meet with her and get things figured out for May.
All in all the wedding fair was worthwhile- $5 a ticket with free food and a lot of inspiration. I will say that I still had a headache as I walked out. It's final, these fairs will always be overwhelming. I think that this is just due to the fact that every stand is trying to sell/push their services on you. This time around, it was fun to actually say; "No thanks, I have my DJ", "Oh, yeah- I have my photographer" etc. Also, with the wedding only being 3 months away, it was fun sharing that the wedding is in Feb and will be in Cabo. When attending the other two fairs that I have been to, telling people Feb. sounded so far away.
Anyway, I'll come back with more details on decoration ideas and such as they come. Thanks for coming with Mom- I know I am not an easy person to browse wedding stuff with!
Saturday, November 7, 2009
TIs: "Island Dreams" update
Posted by ajs {of MN} at 10:48 PM
Labels: MN Reception, Planning
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment