CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 5, 2010

What to do with the dress?

Hi! It's been soooo long since I have actually sat down to write about anything wedding....

As time continues to fly by we have been and are going and will be going to friend's weddings, etc.

I have even been asked to "take some pictures" at an outdoor casual wedding next month.

SO I have been spending a little bit of time here and there looking at everything wedding online- just browsing for photo ideas and such. {side note.... I am so happy to be done planning a wedding. I loved it, but was VERY time consuming and took over every single thought I had in my mind}

ANYWAY... today I have come across {this} website. I go back and forth about my dress... "what to do with it?" I have been VERY lucky and was able to sport my lovely and beautiful wedding dress for both our Cabo wedding and the MN reception. I LOVE wearing it... like all other brides, her wedding gown has to be the MOST favorite outfit of all time!

Leading up to the wedding, I came across a dress idea if the Bride shall want to sell her dress after the wedding... she could have her gown sketched for keepsake purposes!

{image via}

I am still in love with this idea... so I have a friend, Jayme, who puts her dress
on each year for her wedding anniversary- what a great idea!!! I think I would like to put my dress on for the 1st anniversary and have it sketched.... how fun!

Now... I have 6ish months to research this and find someone in MN... that will take a picture of me wearing the dress and sketch the gown OR... will it be easiest to have a picture sent in to a website, again, like {so} and wait anxiously for the final product to arrive on my doorstep!?

What would you do? or better yet... What did you do with your wedding gown after you were married?

2 comments:

star said...

My wedding gown is currently hanging in my closet. I've never worn it since my wedding day! I did however have an amazing dress sketch done by Megan Hamilton, you can order one here. You see mine
here. Hope this helps! By the way, I am new to your blog and I can't wait to read more!

Anonymous said...

A co-worker of mine held onto hers and made christening outfits for her grandchildren.