In 2001 Aaron and I both worked at The Home Depot in Duluth, Mn- but at this point in time... we were just co-workers. Me a cashier, he a lot guy turned lumber man.
It was 2002 and I found myself back in the cities after a transfer from UMD down to the U of M. Aaron was still up at UMD- and at this point we were now just friends via email. We had gone out to dinner with a large group once to Pizza Luce (we exchanged emails on our take out boxes).
Summer 2002 we exchanged a couple of emails back and forth.
Oct 12th 2002 this cute guy Aaron called me while I was over at a friend's apartment (we had never talked on the phone EVER- how did Aaron still have my number?)
Nov. 2002 we had planned to see each other while I was up to Duluth to visit with one of my old roomies- that weekend never happened (and I didn't call to tell Aaron that I wasn't going to make it up) didn't think he was really wanting to see me, so didn't think he would mind I didn't make it.
That VERY weekend in Nov Aaron called me (for the 2nd time ever) looking for me... I said "No, sorry" He then asked if I would be around the next Sunday because he would be in town- I said "sure!" hung up the phone and made some arrangements at my current Home Depot in Eagan. I told them I needed to be off of work by 5pm (it worked).
Sunday Nov 17th 2002- After a Vikings & Packers game Aaron found me in Eagan just finishing up at work. He walked in (hands in pocket) wearing a navy Twins hat, a winter vest of sorts over his gray UMD sweatshirt and jeans- still just as cute from when I last seen him (7 months prior)! We left the HD- found a TGIFridays, had dinner (the last and only time he would eat a meal in a slow manner). Following dinner we went back to the HD and Aaron headed back North to Duluth.
Later that night (2 hours later) Aaron called me (for the 3rd time ever). He wanted to make sure that I made it home ok. I told him "yes, about 2 hours ago" with a HUGE ever lasting smile...
Now here we are Nov 2008 and we are planning our wedding!
2 comments:
Congrats!!! She's precious!
WOW congratulations - she's beautiful!
Post a Comment