We are just about a month away from it being March... which as we all know by now is the month that we will FINALLY be able to book the wedding. (Watch for the official countdown starting 2.1.09!)
So with those exciting moments ahead... I also get to think about dress shopping SOON!
In the past couple of days I have heard of and seen a couple different ideas when it comes to wedding dress shopping- and I just don't know what to think about it.
1st: Mom mentioned the Goodwill Bridal Showcase (2nd annual) in Feb... I don't think that would be something I would jump up and go for. BUT I would be VERY curious to check it out and see what kind of dresses that would end up there... I guess you never know! (I will be out of town so I won't really get to go... but I kind of really want to!!)
Also... I found this website today http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/. I kind of have mixed feelings about a used wedding dress... and will I really want to keep it when I'm done wearing it (twice)? Who knows....
I still have all 3 of my prom dresses from high school (those dresses are all about 10 years old now... and they are in the spare room closet)- so that might lend a hint as to what kind of sentimental junkie I can be.
What to you think about a used dress (that would obviously be in good condition)??
Thursday, January 29, 2009
dresses
xoxo, Andrea
Posted by ajs {of MN} at 3:20 PM
Labels: Random Fun Thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I don't think anyone would even know unless you told them if your dress was used and if you find one you really like than go for it! I know what you're saying about prom dresses I still have all of mine and all of my bridesmaid dresses.
Dress shopping is very fun and I just happen to find an affordable dress at David's Bridal when I bought mine. Do you ever watch "Say Yes to the Dress" on TLC? I can't believe how much some designer gowns cost.
Good luck.
Hi! I think it's totally ok as long as you aren't settling! As long as it's a flattering silhouette and it's really what you envisioned wearing on your big day, I think it's ok! Good luck!
Also, did you know that you get a 20% discount at the wedding shoppe, if you buy the dress at your first visit? So it might be worth shopping at other places first and then buying it there.
Post a Comment