CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 27, 2009

GROUP TRAVEL/GETTING TO CABO

After meeting with Debra (Our travel agent out of Forest Lake) last night Aaron and I have some new info to share. I was going to take a picture of her so you had a face to go with the name, but I forgot. I left feeling a little overwhelmed last night. I am lucky to have Aaron- he keeps me sane!

I will tell you right now this post and the info that I am about to provide is not about exact pricing for Cabo. BUT it is about how to go about looking into pricing/group rates, etc.

I will try to make this as clear and organized as possible.

CONTACT INFO:
Listed is ALL the contact info for Debra, if you want her card we grabbed a huge stack from her last night- just let us know and I'll get you a card.

Debra Oaks-Rentschler, Owner of Forest Lake Travel, is located in:
Town Square (off main street), in Suite 203 of Forest Lake, Mn 55025.
She can be reached via phone or email.
Debra's business line: 651-464-5092 and Debra's email: flkdeb@aol.com

In the next couple of months (Sept-Nov) she will be watching and keeping track of two different group rates via three different travel companies. She will use these three companies and their best package rates to compete against one another. Best rate will win the group booking! :)
One thing to keep in mind on the prices... with our wonderful economy and the way it is right now, prices are going to yo-yo like crazy just the way gas does at the pump. One advantage of booking earlier (with the group) is that there will be a better chance to travel non-stop. Non-stop flights sell fast!

IMPORTANT:
The two group travel dates that she will be watching are the following:
group 1: Wednesday to Wednesday: 2/17-2/24/2010 (6 nights, 7 days)
and
group 2: Thursday to Monday: 2/18-2/22/2010 (3 nights, 4 days)
If neither of these two groups fall into what you are looking for- no worries, you can still go thru Debra, you just may not get the advantages of a group rate.
If there ends up being enough people looking for a different group travel date, she may start a third group- but I will leave it up to her.

When you do contact Debra let her know you will be traveling for "Aaron & Andrea's Cabo wedding in February". She will ask for your full name, best day time phone number, AND which group you would like to travel in, group 1 or group 2?

This will help Debra keep all the names and dates straight. She will watch and work with the three travel companies and when the right price is there she will contact the group and try for a group booking. I don't believe the entire trip amount is due at booking (just a deposit) but again, she can fill you in on that when you talk with her.

ANOTHER IMPORTANT FACTOR:
We asked her about traveler's insurance, who needs this... why one would need it, etc.
Everyone should get this- it will cost you $99.99/person. This is going to be 1000% worth it. For a $100- you can't pass that up and take the risk of anything- anything at all getting in the way of being able to travel to Cabo. That includes a sudden illness down to the very last day of setting jet to Cabo San Lucas! Aaron and I both agreed and for such an IMPORTANT event- we will be getting the traveler's insurance for us. Debra will give you a little disclaimer about the insurance, again she will just be stressing that it's worth it and too risky to not have it.

We hope that all of the above info is clear enough- basically it's just "call Debra- tell her which group you want to travel with and put it into her hands". She will work the magic that follows.

Everyone knows that both Aaron and I would love to help everyone with every little and last travel detail but setting up travel is just not our area of expertise and to be 100% honest, we have a lot of other details and such to keep track of.

With that said, Aaron and I would greatly appreciate you, as our guests, to direct your travel and rate inquirers to Debra from this point on. After meeting with Debra last night we know that she sets our to do her very best and we will all make it to Cabo for a WONDERFUL wedding day/vacation!

Thanks!! xoxo Aaron & Andrea

p.s. Aaron and I are going to be traveling on 2/17-2/27/2010, staying at the RIU Palace the entire trip.

0 comments: