I have yet to share my experience of dress fitting #1...
It had been a while since I was last in Minn Lake, so as Aaron made his way down on Friday night, I went along. Mom and Paul came down on Saturday (so Mom and I could do some wedding stuff). Saturday morning Kay was off to take care of some things with Connie Sonnek- and Mom and I made our way over to the silhouette to see my dress!! I hadn't seen it since April when I found it! I have been SO excited about this.
While we waited for Kay to meet up with us, Mom kindly asked the the shop owner to alter her dress- so they took her measurements. I was happy with this (waiting) because I was nervous/anxious to try my dress on! After watching so many episodes of "Say Yes to the Dress" I see the fittings make the bride believe she is not seeing the "same" dress she picked out. Yes, I believe it's a dramatization- but in a sense it's true! It actually is a different dress. This is because the dress is brand new and made JUST FOR THE BRIDE! This dress hasn't been tried on a million billion times by other brides-to-be, so the fabric and feel of the dress is brand new.
Once it was my turn in the dressing room, I asked Mom to help me, again I was too nervous to even touch it. OK, this all sounds a little bit dramatic but it's very true. I'm afraid of getting it dirty.
Oh yeah, speaking of dirty... the second I laid eyes on my dress I went to brush off a piece of hair stuck to the back of the dress only to find that it was PEN, black pen! You can imagine what I was like... haha actually I was pretty calm (to the store owner), and frantic (with Mom). We made sure to point it out right away, they will be taking care of the pen- it should be gone the next time I get to see it.
After standing with my shoes and dress on in front of the mirror, again I didn't really want to move around too much- but the dress looked so pretty. Oh boy.... HAHA
As the dress looked great, it was still a tad too big. After some pinning and a small amount of pulling I got to see how it might look when go back for a 2nd fitting after some initial alterations have been made.
Along with trying the dress on again the idea of a veil was revisited. I wasn't 100% on getting one the first time around, but after having my dress on, a veil looked very nice- AND Mom found the perfect one so we went with it.
Again- sorry no pictures, the dress will be a surprise to most of you :) And for sure, a surprise to Aaron. I was so excited about the dress that I found myself starting to talk about it and Aaron had to stop me- HAHA. I was happy he was paying enough attention to know that I might spill the beans on this one! I love surprises but I am not always the best at keeping them- too much excitement builds up. How am I going to wait another 4 months!!??
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Dress fitting #1
xoxo, Andrea
Posted by ajs {of MN} at 10:29 AM
Labels: All about the Bride
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment