Sunday afternoon, Mom and I met up with Glenda of Flair Your Affair in Hastings, Mn. The meeting lasted for about 2.5 hours and we got A LOT of ideas organized by putting them out there and on paper... now someone else has my ideas floating around in their head! What a relief, honestly. haha
Anyway, the meeting went really well- working with Glenda and her team would be a wonderful thing. Mom and I have to just wait and see what kind of quote she will work up for us. We have an idea of what it might be, and really hope that she comes back with something reasonable and something we can manage/budget for. This is important to me because if we had her help it would decrease stress levels by about 50%. I hate being the perfectionist that I am. Glenda appears to be very hands on and extremely visual- which made it easy to talk about and verbalize my ideas to which she was VERY receptive to. It was amazing to see my ideas come alive...
When talking/thinking about decor I seem to be hearing all about the "ease" of just having friends and family being the nominated ones to help put up and tear down decor. I am told that friends and family are more than willing and welcome. I do understand all of that, but the venue that we have rented out really requires the use and knowledge of someone that has the experience and eye for filling a large space. Glenda has done work at the venue many many times and is very familiar with what can and can not be done in the space. PLUS the tear down has to be done by MIDNIGHT sharp... seems very Cinderella like. We want our family and friends (everyone) to enjoy the entire party without having to checkout and focus at 11pm. So... hopefully we are just going to make it easy for all of us.
SO... watch for an update in the next few weeks. We are hoping to get good news from Glenda so we can book her!
p.s. I would LOVE to share my decor ideas but I really don't want to give it away that easy. I will tell you that the party will be very relaxed, fun, simple and pretty! Ahhhh so excited just picturing it!
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Decorating
Posted by ajs {of MN} at 4:16 PM
Labels: Decorations, MN Reception, Vendors
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment