CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

double checking this list...

WHAT! WHAT! WHAT!?

I am feeling a bit panic-y {it started last night, but has carried on over to today}. I knew there would be "extra costs" for wedding stuff while at the RIU and while going thru the check list it is looking to add up to something that is a little out of hand, here are my thoughts that have me a little crazy right now...

a. I have yet to come across a bad review (all good!) on the RIU and their weddings. The reviews I have read have been from both guests of a RIU wedding and the wedding couples themselves. {so I am thinking that these extra costs are just general quotes and ballpark figures}. OR everyone that gets married at the RIU is a millionaire besides Aaron and I!!!

b. With have 80 guests booked and traveling for our wedding, the extra costs could turn out to be A LOT- BUT.... I am guessing that the typical RIU wedding doesn't usually have 80+ guests booked and on top of that having ALL 80 of the guests STAYING at the RIU!? so we will need to do some discussing, maybe a little bit of bartering....

c. This is where my Gpa comes in... during the initial meeting w/ Daniela on the 18th I am going to ask my Grandpa to sit in with us {he is, by far, the BEST wheeler and dealer I know}!! We need to get these "extra costs" down to a reasonable figure that makes sense, if he can't do it, I don't know who can!

I am willing to pay a little extra for wedding stuff (like flowers and such) but with being an All Inclusive resort, wouldn't you think it's that most everything else would be included? {sigh}

We have our trip and the wedding package paid for- we just don't want to get there and have another HUGE bill that we aren't ready for {nor willing to pay for} and on top of that, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense right at this moment.

We want everyone to have a great time and to be able to send everyone to Trip Advisor after the wedding to share all GOOD reviews of the RIU, not any bad ones :)

Tomorrow I am sending Daniela an email with some additional inquires... I need some more answers before submitting my preliminary "check list".

Thank You Mom and "M" for letting me vent my anxieties tonight. Now I feel {a little bit} better.

0 comments: